- Welcome to the web site of Windsor NSW Uniting Church,
- a congregation which was first established in 1812 as the Wesleyan Church in the newly established communities of the Hawkesbury.
- Here you can find information about the Christian community which meets in our historic heritage listed buildings.
- Our first chapel was opened in 1820, the second larger chapel in 1838, with the third church on the site being opened and dedicated in 1876, following the devastating Windsor township fire just before Christmas 1874, which destroyed both the church and the minister's residence next door.
- Windsor Uniting Church, a congregation of the Uniting Church in Australia (a union of Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists which took place in 1977) is a warm and welcoming community of faith, proclaiming and enacting the Good News of Jesus in both our worshipping life and in the community at large.
- We invite you come and join us. We'd love to welcome you!
Our Worship Services - Sundays 9.30am
- We worship together on Sundays at 9:30am, followed by a get-together time with refreshments.
- Traditional as well as contemporary in worship style, we are trying to be a community worshipping place for all.
- Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month, as well as other significant days in the Christian Calendar, such as Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. Also on other special occasions.
Children and Worship
Children are an important part of our Church. There are also extra activities designed for children on Sunday mornings during school terms.
We welcome all of you to come to celebrate our faith in Jesus Christ.
Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion
- The two sacraments of the Christian Church are Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Baptism is usually celebrated during a regular worship service. It is for a person of any age. Enquiries about Baptism can be made to the Minister: 02 4577 3147 or email: email@example.com
- Holy Communion is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of month and at other times of significance in the Church Calendar, such as Christmas, Easter, Pentecost and anniversaries. The Table is open to all who are in communion with the church universal.
The Windsor Congregation:
- The Windsor Congregation became part of the newly established Hawkesbury Regional Zone in July 2015. The Congregations in the Region are Windsor, Riverstone, Ebenezer, Pitt Town and Kurrajong Heights. Our two Ministers are Rev. Geoff Stevenson, based at Windsor, and Rev. Rodel Palma, at the Ebenezer and Pitt Town Congregations. The Richmond Congregation, whose Minister is Rev. Je-Kon Oh, is also a part of the new regional arrangements.
Sunday Services including 'Kids Church in the Windsor Church:
- Each Sunday the 9.30am Service is led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson or one of the Uniting Church's Lay Preachers, or one of the retired Ministers in the district.
- "You're Invited!"
- Sunday 21 January 2018, Epiphany 2, the Service is being led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson.
- Sunday 28 January 2018, Epiphany 3, the Service is being led by Rev. Rodel Palma.
- Sunday 04 February 2018, Epiphany 4, the Service of Holy Communion is being led by Rev. Dr. Peter Powell.
- Sunday 11 February 2018, "Transfiguration", the Service is being led by Mr Ron Grace, a Uniting Church Lay Preacher.
- Sunday 18 February 2018, 1st Sunday in Lent, the Service is being led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson.
Mens Breakfast coming up
For your Diary: Saturday 17 February 2018, 8.30am to 10am, we’re arranging a Men’s Breakfast with a Guest Speaker from “Beyond Blue”, Mr Bill Morakis. Bill will share his journey of hope, recovery and resilience in the face of depression and will briefly cover what beyondblue does and how the audience can seek help, or support a friend or family member who may fin themselves in a difficult position. Would you like to come along? Please do. However, for catering purposes please contact David Kidd, 0409 347 194. Cost is $10. "You're Invited!"
"Wednesdays @ Wesley"
(In recess during January.) A weekly afternoon group from 3pm to 5pm with a variety of activities to engage people from all walks of life in learning and developing community. A time for Craft, (a) Chat, (some) Coffee (and) Cake, (and wonderful) Company! Please join us. For more information, please contact Geoff on 4577 3147. "You're Invited!"
"Kitchen Table Wisdom" -
- Our Bible Study Group, specially for women, meets twice monthly, 2nd and 4th Saturdays from 8.30am to 10am at the Windsor Uniting Church.
- Leader: Mrs Fiona Kidd. More Information? Phone: 4572 7281.
- The next "KTW" is on Saturday 10 February 2018.