- Welcome to the web site of Windsor NSW Uniting Church,
- a congregation which was first established in 1812 as the Wesleyan Church in the newly established communities of the Hawkesbury.
- Here you can find information about the Christian community which meets in our historic heritage listed buildings.
- Our first chapel was opened in 1820, the second larger chapel in 1838, with the third church on the site being opened and dedicated in 1876, following the devastating Windsor township fire just before Christmas 1874, which destroyed both the church and the minister's residence next door.
- Windsor Uniting Church, a congregation of the Uniting Church in Australia (a union of Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists which took place in 1977) is a warm and welcoming community of faith, proclaiming and enacting the Good News of Jesus in both our worshipping life and in the community at large.
- We invite you come and join us. We'd love to welcome you!
Our Worship Services - Sundays 9.30am
- We worship together on Sundays at 9:30am, followed by a get-together time with refreshments.
- Traditional as well as contemporary in worship style, we are trying to be a community worshipping place for all.
- Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month, as well as other significant days in the Christian Calendar, such as Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. Also on other special occasions.
Children and Worship
Children are an important part of our Church. There are also extra activities designed for children on Sunday mornings during school terms.
We welcome all of you to come to celebrate our faith in Jesus Christ.
Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion
- The two sacraments of the Christian Church are Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Baptism is usually celebrated during a regular worship service. It is for a person of any age. Enquiries about Baptism can be made to the Minister: 02 4577 3147 or email:
- Holy Communion is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of month and at other times of significance in the Church Calendar, such as Christmas, Easter, Pentecost and anniversaries. The Table is open to all who are in communion with the church universal.
The Windsor Congregation:
- The Windsor Congregation became part of the newly established Hawkesbury Regional Zone in July 2015. The Congregations in the Region are Windsor, Riverstone, Ebenezer, Pitt Town and Kurrajong Heights. Our two Ministers are Rev. Geoff Stevenson, based at Windsor, and Rev. Rodel Palma, at the Ebenezer and Pitt Town Congregations. The Richmond Congregation, whose Minister is Rev. Je-Kon Oh, is also a part of the new regional arrangements.
Sunday Services including 'Kids Church in the Windsor Church:
- Each Sunday the 9.30am Service is led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson or one of the Uniting Church's Lay Preachers, or one of the retired Ministers in the district.
- "You're Invited!"
- Sunday 26 November 2017, the Service is being led by Rev. David Kidd.
- Sunday 03 December 2017, 1st Sunday in Advent, the Service of Holy Communion is being led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson. It is being preceded by our annual Advent Sunday Congregation Breakfast in Wesley Hall, commencing 8.30am. "You're Invited!"
- Sunday 10 December 2017, 2nd Sunday in Advent, the Service is being led by Mr Ron Grace, a Uniting Church Lay Preacher.
- Sunday 17 December 2017, 3rd Sunday in Advent, this is a special Christmas Family Service being led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson."Its a service that focusses on children and families and helps us all celebrate Christmas. Invite friends, family, neighbours... Bring children, grandchildren, and more"!
- Sunday 24 December 2017, 4th Sunday in Advent/Christmas Eve, a Service of Advent and Christmas Readings and carols, led by Rev. David Kidd, with various people of the congregation also participating.
- Monday 25 December 2017, Christmas Day, commencing 9am (note earlier time) Christmas Day Worship led by Rev. Geoff Stevenson.
- Sunday 31 December 2017, 1st Sunday after Christmas, the Service is being led by Deaconess Fiona Kidd.
"Wednesdays @ Wesley"
A weekly afternoon group from 3pm to 5pm with a variety of activities to engage people from all walks of life in learning and developing community. A time for Craft, (a) Chat, (some) Coffee (and) Cake, (and wonderful) Company!
There's also an evening program on up-coming Wednesdays, 1st November, 29th November, and 13 December. From around 6 o'clock we will have a simple shared meal, then commence a discussion from approx 6.30 to 7.45pm or so. In this program there will be the opportunity to ask some questions or receive some input on particular areas of theology or faith, history or church, followed by some discussion. Rev. Stevenson adds: "Questions are welcome and encouraged and no questions are out of order. We respect people (present or not) and the diversity of ideas. We seek to gain deeper awareness and understanding of what it means to be a follower in Jesus' way. We have fun and learn to love more deeply." All are invited and welcome, from within or beyond the congregation.
Please join us. For more information, please contact Geoff on 4577 3147.
"Kitchen Table Wisdom" -
- Our Bible Study Group, specially for women, meets twice monthly, 2nd and 4th Saturdays from 8.30am to 10am at the Windsor Uniting Church.
- Leader: Mrs Fiona Kidd. More Information? Phone: 4572 7281.
"Advent Activities in December"
- Sunday 03 December - "Advent Breakfast and Celebration", commencing Advent with Breakfast at 8.30am in Wesley Hall. This is followed by Worship in the Church in a different form/style.
- Friday 15 December - "Children's Christmas Workshop" to celebrate the Christmas story, from 3.30pm. It will be similar to last year's programme. Its an outreach to children to share the story of Christmas with them in a fun environment of food, craft, story and music.
- Sunday 17 December, 9.30am: "Family Christmas Service" - a Service that focusses on children and families and helps us all celebrate Christmas. "You're Invited!" And please invite friends, family, neighbours. Bring children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents. Everyone!!
- Sunday 24 December, 9.30am, a Service of Advent and Christmas Readings and carols.
- Christmas Day, Monday 25 December, 9am, Christmas Day Worship.